The most highly regulated sector in the world is financial services and this is likely to continue and accelerate. Financial institutions struggle with complex data systems and procedures and must comply with strict reporting requirements from the regulatory bodies to protect their assets and customer data. Additionally, financial services organizations are clearly the target of both individual and organized fraud. Key to meeting regulatory audit requirements and detecting fraud is the ability to collect and analyze log and event data from both IT infrastructure and applications.
The technical and economic challenges of storing terabytes of log and event data, the systems of record from applications used for customer transactions, are staggering, and traditional security, log management and data warehouse database solutions are poorly suited to address the challenges of both data volume and query access. Event Data Warehouse solutions that provide actionable results from massive amounts of log and event data.
More and more consumers need access to sound financial products and independent, honest financial advice. The government requires financial product makers and sellers to be licensed. Among other things this scheme gives increased legitimacy to financial advisers.
Benefits to the Financial Services Sector:
The Centre for Financial Services works with key allied partners to anticipate industry direction and fulfill its changing needs. It is committed to providing leading edge, cost effective and customized education, as well as professional development and training programs to assist firms to train and develop their people to keep pace with competition.
1. A pool of well educated, highly trained graduates and co-op students
2. Curriculum and training integrated with the newest technology to meet the changing job requirements in the global workplace
3. Highly trained financial services educators and instructors
4. Top facilities and resources for collaborative applied research
5. Teaching fellowship opportunities
6. Client contact centre laboratories for employee training
7. A forum for financial industry partners to exchange ideas
8. A business network into the private and public sector